Paolo Ballesteros' acceptance speech for winning "Best Actor" in Tokyo International Film Festival 2016

Paolo Ballesteros became popular around the world when his makeup transformations became viral and reached the international news agencies.

During his break from hosting in Eat Bulaga, he got a chance to shoot a film that features his talent in #makeuptransformation.

 A screenshot from the video.
Dressed in a gold gown and transformed as Julia Roberts, Paolo received his award as Best Actor for his movie Die Beautiful.


Scroll down for video.


Die Beautiful

Is a film about a transgender, portrayed by Paolo Ballesteros who wanted to be dressed as Lady Gaga in her funeral.

The movie was selected as one of the participants in the 29th Tokyo International Film Festival. The film received the "Audience Award" and Paolo won as the "Best Actor".

Here is Paolo's acceptance speech:
I thought today was just going to be a red-carpet day which is why I wore a dress.

First, I would like to thank the Tokyo International Film Festival and the members of the jury for embracing our film.

I thought I was up for Best Actress,

To the organizers, to the programmers, to the volunteers, you hve been very helpful and gracious to us during our stay here in Japan.

To the man behind the film, Direk Jun, thank you very much for entrusting to me Trisha's character.

To our producer Sir Perci, our staff, and the whole production, thank you very much for your professionalism and the gift of new friendship.

To Ms. Liza Dino-Seguerra, thank you for your support.

To my family, my daughter Keira, my cats and my dogs, this is all for you.

To my manager, to all my Dabarkads, and to my fans in Manila and all around the world... "Best Actor!"

Especially to all of you who came and watched our film, I will never forget you. Thank you very much.


What are your thoughts about this article? Please leave your comments and reactions below. Thank you.


Video by PINOY LATEST VIDEOS on YouTube
Click here to create your own website #STAYHOME and get 70% OFF at FastComet

No comments