This professor can draw a "perfect freehand circle"

Alexander Overwijk is a math teacher and basketball coach for Glebe Collegiate Institute, a high school in the Glebe neighborhood of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

One of his repertoire stories in class, and a favorite one he says, is telling his students that is a former World Freehand Circle Drawing Champion. According to him, he got the idea while watching a broadcast of the world bar tending championship held in Las Vegas.

Alexander Overwijk showcasing his amazing skills in drawing perfect circles.
Alexander Overwijk showcasing his amazing skills in drawing perfect circles.


Scroll down for video.


Math Professor draws "perfect freehand circle" on the blackboard

I'm gonna tell the story. This is something I do in my spare time: I draw freehand circles. And then I found out there's a world championship in it in Vegas every year. I didn't get to go this year 'cause my mom was sick. But uh, I normally go every year. It's like winning a Masters - once you win, you automatically get invited back every year. So this year I didn’t really practice much. Cause I had a tough year, but I will rip one circle just for the class,
He narrated to his students.

In June 2006, a student of his asked if he could film Overwijk as he draws a perfect freehand circle on the blackboard. It was posted on their school’s website and went viral six months later.


Click here to create your own website #STAYHOME and get 70% OFF at FastComet

No comments